Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sauteed Herb Potatoes


Sautéed Herb Potatoes

One of my all time favourite recipes that I found in the Family Circle - Cooking a common-sense guide.

This is especially for my sister Lyn that I had promised to share with her 3 months ago. Sorry, my bad lol








Ingredients:

750g (1 1/2 lb) baby new potatoes (keep skin on)
30g (1 oz) butter
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Cracked black pepper (optional)
2 cloves of crushed Garlic
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped
1 tsp. rock salt

Method:

  1. Wash the potatoes, pat dry with paper towels and cut in half. Boil or steam until just tender (really important to not over cook them) Drain.
  2.  Heat the butter and the oil in a large heavy based frying pan. When the mixture is foaming, add the potatoes and season with a little black pepper ( I usually leave this part out as my family isn't a huge pepper fan). Cook over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until golden and crisp, tossing regularly so that the potatoes brown evenly.
  3. Stir in the garlic, rosemary and rock salt.
  4. Cook for 1 minute or until the potatoes are well coated.
  5. Serve hot or warm
And there you go, a delicious potato dish that will win accolades from all your family and friends. ENJOY!

Oh and quick side note: You can use more salt then suggested but shhhh just don't tell your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment